March 16, 2012

harneetchawla.com is Live

harneetchawla.com is now live. I had promised that it would be up in less than a week.  If you had the chance to take a look, you would have noticed that it has been live since Monday. So, promise completed!

The basic website is up. But this is not where I will stop. I plan to continue to expand it to make it more fun, interactive and dynamic. I have lots of ideas in mind for the same but I am no longer putting a timeline to it. It's something that I will keep working on as a hobbyist in the future. I love exploring and learning new things and this will be yet another project that will keep me intellectually stimulated. For now, I am working on testing the blog commenting system, developing a new page called 'Learn' and putting together new photo albums to upload on the website. So, keep visiting harneetchawla.com often to see all the new stuff that I keep bringing to it.

For the time being, I did what I had intended to do as a first step and have a completed personal website. So, isi khushi vich muh mitha karo with my homemade yummilicious treat, Um Ali:


Um Ali

This is a dessert that I made last night for my family. It's called Um Ali. It's a delicious bread pudding that is typically made in arabic households during Eid. The literal translation of Um Ali means the mother of Ali. It's made using bread, bananas, milk, tons of mixed nuts and raisins, some cardamom and saffron. It came out really yum, my family loved it and there is still some left overs. You are welcome to come and raid my fridge. :) 

2 comments: