February 21, 2012

$10.7 million for a cure

The Penn Staters did it again! THON weekend 2012 ended this past sunday on Feb 19th with the announcement of a record breaking $10.7 million ($10,686,924.83 to be exact) raised this year by the Penn State students for the treatment of and research towards a cure for pediatric cancer. In addition to the thousands of supporters present in person at the Bryce Jordan Center, the 46 hours no sitting no sleeping dance marathon craziness was watched by 1,048,220 people around the world (people like me) live on the ustream webcast. It was absolutely a delight as always. Congratulations to the THON team for creating & sharing yet another amazing year of unconditional love, support & giving. Like Coach Paterno used to say, "This is what they(students) mean when they say WE ARE......PENN STATE."


I can't stop remembering my own good ol' days of THON. Every year that THON comes around, it makes me feel proud to be a Penn Stater and right now, I feel like screaming on the top of my lungs: 
WE ARE.......PENN STATE, 
WE ARE..........PENN STATE, 
WE ARE.............PENN STATE. 
FTK -  FOR THE KIDS!


                                                                   Courtesy: www.thon.org


To learn more about THON, please refer to my previous post 'THON 2012: 6 Days To Go' dated Feb 11, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment