January 10, 2012

Mini Croc or Giant Lizard?

I have always been a big believer that if it rains unexpectedly, it means that someone somewhere is really missing you. The rain brings so many things with it – chaa, pakore, paper boat sailing, dancing and happy smiles. The only thing I did not know that rain could bring was this……..

                                                     You can see the drainpipe hole in the wall where it lives


Surprised, eh? Exactly! That’s how I felt too. And I also felt a little bit like, “eeeewwwwwwww…that’s weirdddd and hmmm gross” – said out loud with a very distorted face. 

When I woke up today morning, this “thing” (God only knows what this animal is) was chilling in my backyard. The gardener claims that this “thing” has been living in the water drainpipe for a long time and that with such ridiculous rain last night perhaps came out with the drain overflowed. My only question to him was why I was never told that we now have wild animals living as pets in our house? Anyways, it seemed pretty non-dangerous and even the dogs felt safe in its presence. So, I assumed I need not worry much and let it just bask in the sun with the other actual house pets.

I am a strong hater of all sorts of reptiles. I wish that they all vanish from this planet somehow and go to Uranus (since Jupiter is already inhabited by Saabu, remember?). And with such eeewww feelings towards reptiles of all sorts, the last thing I want to do is research my new pet online and see more of it. So, if anyone of you has any idea on what this animal is, please do write to me. I just don’t want to have more nightmares from horrible village stories that my housekeeper has been telling me all day about this thing blowing white smoke on the faces of humans thereby killing them.

Oh God, where art thou? Yes, I still love your creations, just not the creepy kind.

1 comment:

  1. Amrinder3:17 AM

    You need to kill that thing before I come!!!

    ReplyDelete